We care about kids with CVI.
The mission of the Pediatric Cortical Visual Impairment Society (“the Society”) is to advocate for improvement in the quality of life of children with vision loss due to brain disorder, disease or injury. The mission is restricted to matters concerning the sense of vision.
The mission of the Society will be fulfilled through the pursuit of the following goals:
1. Advance interdisciplinary education and research.
2. Enhance dissemination of information and its communication among and between professionals, parents, government and educational institutions, and other groups whom impact children with cortical visual impairment.
3. Advocate for the appropriate allocation of resources to allow for improved vision services for children with cortical visual impairment.
4. Improve public and professional awareness of cortical visual impairment in children.
5. Advocate for governmental policy that improves quality and quantity of vision services available to children with cortical visual impairment.
6. Engage in fundraising activities that will allow for advancement of the Mission and the Goals of the Society.